The Concordia Student Union’s central role is representing and advocating for students’ needs, concerns, and interests. As a union that represents over 35,000 undergraduate students, the Annual Undergraduate Survey keeps the CSU up to date on students’ experiences and issues at the university. All data collected is anonymous.
The 2019 survey focused on five general areas: academics, accessibility, discrimination and sexual violence, CSU Services and student involvement, and housing and financials. The data will serve to:
- Inform us on student demographics
- Support upcoming CSU projects
- Improve CSU services and resources
- Provide evidence to the university regarding what changes need to be made to improve undergraduate students’ experiences
- To have a longitudinal dataset, in order to see how things have changed and improved over time