Legal Information Clinic Admin Assistant
|Type of Position: permanent (part time)||Start Date: 2021-05-03|
|Location: H-729 (online during COVID19 crisis until Concordia is reopened)||End Date: Permanent|
|Salary/Hourly Rate: $17.40 (at least 10-15 hours per week)
(for internal candidates- Class 3 level 1 according to Annexes A.1 and A.2 of CSU Collective Agreement)
The Legal Information Clinic (LIC) is a service provided by the CSU to offer legal information and referrals to our community. Volunteer law students provide legal information about immigration law, consumer protection, discrimination and other fields of law with the assistance of the LIC Coordinator. The LIC also provides accompaniment services and referrals to legal practitioners.
- a private space will be needed.
- scheduling & making appointments
- taking messages & answering phone calls
- writing up protocols/office procedures, administrative reports and articles
- putting documents & materials on the intranet and internet
- maintaining the library and ensuring resources are up to date
- submitting requisitions for payment/reimbursement
- training volunteers and new clinic staff in office procedures
- organizing events & training logistics
- ordering supplies & ensuring desks are equipped with supplies and required forms at all times
- collecting & compiling stats and feedback for reports and evaluating clinic’s services
- editing documents
- handling and sending correspondence
- maintaining order in office of files, supplies, and other administrative tasks
- Private space to work remotely and virtually speak with students about confidential matters (online during COVID19 crisis until Concordia is reopened)
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and conversational French;
- Excellent interpersonal and active listening skills;
- Patient and must be able to work with the full spectrum of diversity within the Concordia community
- Ability to research and convey information with clarity and accuracy;
- General knowledge of Concordia University and of the CSU and its services;
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously, and work as a team;
- Computer literate, knowledge of Excel, internet browsers and search engines;
- Must be authorized to work in Canada (valid SIN card required);
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at Concordia University;
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organized
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Must be able to work remotely
- Must be available to work at least 10- 15 hrs/week during the LIC’s operating hours, between Mon. to Friday,12:00 to 17:00
- Internal candidates shall have preference and if hired, will be allowed to keep the same salary level and class as their previous position.
- Experience providing front-line service in a fast-paced environment;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Excel;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams and Planner;
- Experience as administrative assistant or receptionist
- Candidates eligible and approved for Work Study will be given preference
*Note: The Work Study program allows full-time Concordia students to work on-campus part-time and is a service supported by Financial Aids and Awards office. Visit http://www.concordia.ca/students/financial-support/work-study/about-work-studyprograms.html for more information on how to apply for a Work Study Authorization. Keep in mind that eligible students must be registered full-time in a program and receiving governmental student aid. International (except U.S.) students are exempt from the latter criteria.
Applications must include
- Cover letter, C.V and Academic transcripts
- Summer and Fall 2021 class schedules or availabilities
- Include work study authorization if applicable
How to Apply:
Email your Application with required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org . Title the application “LIC Assistant- SUMMER 2021”. Applications that are incomplete or do not follow these steps may not be considered.
NOTE: This is a Permanent Part-Time position.
For more information, e-mail at email@example.com.
For all candidates Friday, April 23, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.