Council Minute Keeper
Length/type of position: Temporary (until May 31st, 2022)
Salary/Hourly Rate: $100 per regular Council meeting, $100 per Special Council meeting
Deadline to apply: May 18th, 2021 at 23:59
The Minute Keeper shall be elected by the Council of Representatives from among members of the Union. They shall be responsible for preparing the minutes of all Council meetings, as well as the Annual General Meeting. This is a paid position based on a combined honorarium and hourly wage. Council meets between 1-2 times/month (except July & August), as well as at additional Special Council Meetings at the discretion of Council.
– Ensure that Council minutes are recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
– Above-average typing speed (over 50 words per minute)
– Strong knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order
– Knowledge of the Concordia Student Union Bylaws, Standing Regulations, and Positions Book
– Excellent attention to detail
– Highly organized
– Excellent communication skills
– Must be a member of the CSU (an undergraduate student at Concordia currently enrolled in classes)
– Applicants must not be (a) Members the Judicial Board, (b) Members of the Council of Representatives, (c) Members of the Executive, (d) Members of the University Senate, or (e) Members of the Board of Governors
Notes: Selected candidates must be available between May 20th and 30th for an interview, with the option to be interviewed at Council.
How to apply: Email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Council Minute Keeper – Fall 2021” by May 18th, 2021 at midnight.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.