Type of Position: Permanent (part-time)
Start Date: 2020-09-28
Salary/Hourly Rate: $22.12/hr, 12-20 hours a week
The Clubs Administrator reports to the Internal Affairs Coordinator. They are the first and primary point of contact for student groups registered under the CSU. They provide support to clubs, and support the coordination of the Clubs Department’s activities as well as the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to CSU clubs.
They are responsible for processing club registrations, proofreading club constitutions, proposals, Special Clubs Funding requests, clubs manual and other club documents, maintaining a current and preparing a year-end spreadsheet of clubs’ spending, supporting clubs in their event-planning process, performing clubs office checks, surveying clubs at the end of each mandate, being available to help during office hours as well as regular maintenance and cleaning of poster boards in Hall building. They introduce the incoming Clubs & Space Committee to the Clubs Department.
Administrative Duties and Communication
- Processing Club registrations and office space applications
- Coordinating with CSU’s IT Department when needed to create new club accounts, manage current accounts and manage printing budgets.
- Hold regularly scheduled office hours.
- Brief the Internal Affairs Coordinator on updates related to the Clubs Department.
- Review and proofread club registrations, club constitutions, proposals, Special Clubs Funding requests, clubs manual and other club documents before they are sent to the Clubs & Space Committee and/or Internal Affairs Coordinator
- Assist with name requests destined for the Concordia Board of Governors
- Submit work orders to Facilities Management to request repairs and maintenance of clubs facilities.
- Distribute the clubs newsletter and administer the Facebook clubs forum, in conjunction with the Internal Affairs Coordinator.
- Assure regular maintenance and cleaning of poster boards.
- Assist clubs with space and audio-visual equipment bookings.
- Coordinate with CSU Design and Communications Department to promote clubs and their events and services.
- Assist in the optimization and implementation of web-platform services for clubs.
- Manage clubs calendar.
- Check that club offices are respecting CSU regulations.
- Create and share new budget tracking sheets for clubs.
- Maintain a current and prepare a year-end spreadsheet of clubs’ spending.
- Support the implementation of financial policies and procedures related to the Clubs Department.
- Assist the Internal Affairs Coordinator in the coordination of the Clubs Gala, Clubs Orientation and other events organized by the Clubs Department.
- Speak at club events.
- Support clubs in their event-planning process.
- Hiring and training event supervisors, as necessary
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and conversational French;
- Excellent at conveying concise information in a timely manner;
- Attention to detail in regards to data entry;
- Excellent at prioritizing requests and inquiries;
- Patient and must be able to work with the full spectrum of diversity within the Concordia community;
- General knowledge of Concordia University and CSU;
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at Concordia University;
- Must be authorized to work in Canada (valid SIN card required);
- Must be able to work remotely;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365;
- Strong knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams and Planner;
- Be approved for Concordia Work Study.
Applications Must Include:
- Cover Letter and CV;
- Fall 2020 class schedule;
- Authorization email from Work Study Program if applicable.
How to Apply:
Email your CV, Cover Letter, Fall 2020 schedule and Work Study Program authorization email, if applicable to email@example.com with “Clubs Administrator – Fall 2020” as the subject line by September 22nd, 2020. Incomplete applications that do not follow these steps will not be considered.
- Candidates chosen to be hired cannot be current CSU club executive or member.
- For more information, please contact Daniel Amico at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams on September 23rd, 24th & 25th, 2020. Training will be held remotely for up to 20 hours per week, during the first two (2) weeks, between Monday to Friday, from 10:00am to 6:00pm. Work will be performed remotely until the University campus is open for CSU staff.
- Schedules are based on the individual and team’s availabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.