The mandate of the CSU Community Action Fund is to:
– Grant funding to initiatives or organizations aligned with the CSU Position Book;
– Accommodate costs needed by a Concordia University undergraduate student association in case of a binding strike mandate voted by said association.
The purpose of this Fund is to finance both on and off-campus initiatives and organizations.
Special attention shall be made to prioritize funding to:
– Initiatives organized by black, indigenous, people of colour, and other marginalized groups;
– Organizations advocating for black, indigenous, people of colour, and other marginalized groups.
– Initiatives and organizations having scarce access to funding
This application form is only for PROJECTS:
– If your application concerns a strike mandate voted by a student association, please fill the Strike Application Form.
– If your application concerns general funding for an organization having scarce access to funding, please fill the Operational Grant Application Form.
The Community Action Fund has a mandate to fund community project which have scarce access to funding. As such, if you apply on behalf of a student club or a student association, or for a project which is part of your program of study, you must prioritize other funding channels, and the Community Action Fund will not review your application before you have shown that you have exhausted these.
For example, CSU clubs have access to Club SPF, Arts and Science student associations and students have access to ASFA’s Special Project Funding, and so on.
For a list of project funds available to on-campus groups, please return to the Apply for funding homepage on the CSU website.
To be considered, all applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following:
– A copy of this form fully filled-out;
– A detailed budget, including projected expenses and revenues;
– [If your project is organized by a student club or a student association, or is part of your program of study] The positive or negative answers to your funding application by relevant funding bodies, ;
– Any relevant supporting document.
The Project Applications to the CSU Community Action Fund are subjected to a maximum of $3,000. Any application over this amount may be granted only in extraordinary circumstances.
The deadline to submit an application is the 15th of each month. Applications submitted after that date will be considered the following month.